4.29.2005

Trevor Jackson and Playgroup...


18622imb1
Originally uploaded by funkymf.

I've never met Trevor Jackson, but I bet he's a cool motherfu*ker. Judging by the two mix cd's I have of his, he has the same taste in funk that I do. He got his start by designing record sleeves in the 80's. He designed the cover of Eric B. and Rakim's "Paid In Full". The first Playgroup album is one of my favorites. Today I purchased the Playgroup remix album called "Reproduction". Another classic. His remix of the Chicks on Speed song where they cover the Tom Tom Club is just too funky. I've just played disc 1 three times in a row. Maybe if some of the clubs in mpls played sh*t like this, i'd actually enjoy myself there.

Recommended Trevor Jackson..

Playgroup
Playgroup DJ Kicks
Playgroupmix (if you can find it)
Playgroup "Reproduction"