1.09.2005

In the Future there's going to be a Rhythm...

Well I am in love. In love with Satellite radio! Today was my first day having it in my car and it makes regular radio look like a chump. On my way to work I listened to Snoop Dogs radio show on the old school hip hop channel. I am not a Snoop dog fan, but he played some great cuts. He threw on David Ruffin, Mary Jane Girls, some other really funky stuff. Then on my way home from work I hear "Jackin' For Beats" by Ice Cube, "The Body Rock" by Trecherous Three, "Buddy (remix" by De La Soul, and "Ready To Die" by B.I.G. all in a row!!! I then listened to the alternative station and heard a 12 inch remix of "Rock me amodaus" by Falco, and some new group that sounded funky as a mf! I thought satellite radio was going to be just streaming music, but I was amazed at all the different shows they have at certain times and on certain days. PMD from EPMD has an hour hip hop show on the hip hop classics station that focusus on hip hop's second golden era from 95-97 which is pretty interesting. Another thing I love is that they play a lot of new bands which regular radio has pretty much given up on. There's even a channel called "Unsigned" that plays unsigned bands! Having no commercials is a great thing. The only talking you hear sometimes is a dj telling you whats coming up or what album the song is from or else you hear an artist give a shot out. This is definitely the greatest thing ever and I recommend it to everybody!