10.28.2004

Prince...The Rainbow Children

WARNING....YOU MIGHT NOT LIKE THIS POST..I"M WARNING YOU NOW..THIS POST CONTAINS THOUGHTS ON GOD...

I have been listening to "The Rainbow Children" by Prince lately. As I am not a Jehovah's Witness or never will be. I guarantee listening to this record will make you think about your spirituality and question your beliefs. The title makes you wonder what the hell Prince was trying to do with this album but I guarantee if you give it a try, it will challenge you.

Like I said above, I AM NOT NOR EVER WILL BE A JEHOVAHS WITNESS, but listening to this album made me look into their beliefs. As I do not agree with the Bible they use, they do make some interesting points. I urge you to look up blood transfusions and alternatives to it. Did you know using transfused blood kills interferons in the body which can make your immune system horrible? Look it up.

I grew up a Lutheran in my early life, but I do not consider myself any religion now. I still go to church, but I do not and will not consider myself lutheran. One of the great hip hop groups I love, De La Soul, once had a lyric..."My daughter watches killings on TV and asks Daddy why are all these people dead..I tell her because they were looking for God and found religion instead."

Everyone can believe what they want to belief and I will always respect that about people, but I believe in God and I believe it is a loving God who will always be there for people who believe in it and I will continue to believe and show my love.

Sorry if I offended anybody. This was just on my mind.