4.14.2010

Let Me Be Honest With You

Eddy Current Suppression Ring - Primary Colours **** out of 5

I discovered this album by doing some crate digging at Treehouse Records on Lyndale and 23rd.  I was the only one in the store besides the clerk and it was playing over the speakers.  The clerk was reading some British music magazine and had a look on his face like he didn't want to be bothered but I asked him anyways what was playing.  He told me "Primary Colours" by Eddy Current Suppression Ring and I bought it there on the spot.  I think it's the second best album I bought last year.  Listening to this album will kick your ass as it is on some straight raw Sonics esque type stuff.  Although I noticed in the newest issue of Esquire, Britt Daniel from Spoon calls Eddy Current Suppresion Ring the greatest rock band since AC/DC and one of his favorite artists.  While I like the comment and the press they probably got from that, I can't help but feel a little jealous that a band that I thought I kind of had to myself will start getting a little more popular.  I know it's selfish to think that but it's probably what makes me the music snob that I am.  I read that they just put out a new album which will definitely be a purchase this week.  Listen to clips from all their albums at Eddy Current Suppresion Ring.

By the way, I heard three songs from the new LCD Soundsystem album and I love what I hear so far.  Even the cover of the new album is fantastic!