3.06.2006

the SUGAR diss...

On Saturday night me, my roomate ando and a few other people stayed at The Graves 601 hotel in block e in mpls. Inside the hotel they have a club called Infinity. Since we were guests at the hotel, they put us on the guestlist at the club which meant while a million people wait to get in, we get to go in a private line and walk right in which was kind of cool but the club was so frigging packed! The non guest line went so far out the door on to the street. So after we get in the club, which was wall to wall people with nowhere to move, a lady working there said we could get into the VIP room if we bought a 200 dollar bottle of vodka. HELL NO! Well, I couldn't take the place anymore so I said screw it and started to leave. as I got closer to the door I ran into the guest of honor at the club and we stood face to face. IT WAS F*CKING SUGAR RAY LEONARD! Yep the boxer! He was the exact same height as me, but he was built like a mf! Being that I had a few Coronas in the hotel room, I yelled.."Yo Sugar Ray whats up man!" Sugar Ray Leonard then gave me the dirtiest, saltiest look I have ever recieved in my entire life and he didn't even say a word. He just gave me that look for about 20 seconds and started walking away. If I could read his mind from that look, he was probably saying to himself "who the hell is this guy and he's lucky that i'm not doing the wind up with the right hand and punching him in the face with my left. The sad thing was after he passed, the lady he was with gave me the exact same look and followed him to the VIP room. So, I got dissed by Sugar Ray Leonard. Probably not as cool as meeting The Road Warriors at the Zubaz display at Brookdale back in 5th or 6th grade but definitely on that level.