9.02.2005

A Ass Pocket Of Whiskey..


burnside
Originally uploaded by funkymf.

May the lightest of lights shine upon the friends and family of R. L. Burnside. The greatest bluesman of all time in my book is dead. I had the pleasure of seeing R.L. Burnside numorous times at First Ave. in Minneapolis. They were some of the wildest and craziest concert experiences ever! Peet and I were even in a mosh pit at one of the shows. After one of the shows I was lucky enough to go backstage and meet him. He was pretty tipsy and told me a story about a dog in Iowa. He also seemed like he had kind of a crazy side. In one biography, they said a live mic caught him saying "the devil is who I serve" as he walked by. Tonight I will drink a 7 and 7 in your memory..god bless you R. L. burnside.

In other music news..I am really diging "Do You Want To" by Franz Ferdinand. It's almost funky in a way. Wait, it is pretty funky. "I love your friends..they're all so artsy." Nice.

On rotation in the grand am...

"Brooklyn Queens" remix -3rd Bass
"1nceAgain jackin for beats remix" A Tribe Called Quest
"Do You Want To" Franz Ferdinand
"Two Doors Down" Meshell N'degeocello
"the morning papers" Prince
"Scarecrow" Beck
"Remember Who You Are" Sly Stone