6.22.2005

Get Behind Me Satan...

This post is dedicated to the brilliant new album by the White Stripes that I cannot stop playing.


the origin of the title....

The reply of Jesus when Satan offered him all the kingdoms of the world if Jesus would worship him. Jesus spoke these words on another occasion. He told his disciples that he would have to be killed and then raised from the dead, and Peter objected that this should not happen. Jesus saw Peter as a tempter, trying to talk him out of doing what he was put on Earth to do. He then spoke the same words, “Get thee behind me, Satan,” to Peter.


My fathers response after hearing the album....
"Yeah, it's pretty good, but they look like a couple of weirdos...what do you call that? Starts with a G or something? Grathic? Oh yeah, Gothic. That second song sounds like Hawaii."

My favorite tracks..
"My Doorbell", "I lonely but I ain't that Lonely Yet", "As Ugly As I Seem"

My question.....Is this album the White Stripes "Around The World In A Day"?

Any thoughts, leave a comment.

by the way...Hookers and Blow play the Fine Line on Friday Night and live band Kareoke at Gluek's is the sheeit.

This album may overtake "Elephant" as my favorite.