5.26.2005

Purple Music...

The Minnesota Vikings are my favorite professional sports franchise ever. The first year I can remember watching them and being real into it was in 1984. I saw on the news that the sale finally got finalized. They said the new owner is going to be in Anoka/Blaine today talking about building a stadium there with the city. On the news last night he said that he wanted to have an open roof stadium because it would be an advantage to the team. Man, I don't know. My dad told me stories about going to the old Met stadium to see the Vikings play back in the day in the icy cold with it snowing and everything. He said people would sneak in bottles of hard alcohol and take bumps the whole game. All morning I've been trying to imagine what it would be like to sit and watch a Vikings game in below zero weather with a nasty wind chill. I mean, I hate going out in the morning and scraping ice off my window at 6 am when it's that cold. But, I suppose if you have about 12 beers in you and 10 layers of Cosby sweaters that it probably wouldn't matter. The only thing I care about is that this guy doesn't move the team.