1.17.2005

Untitled.....

Went to a record show yesterday for the first time in ages. Noticed that the new thing is bootleg shows on DVD. I picked up a really cool dvd of all The Replacements television appearances. It even has all of the members solo videos and interviews. One of my favorite parts is from 1991 when Paul Westerberg is on Saturday Night Live. At the very end, Charleton Heston the host, starts to thank the cast and he looks at Paul Westerberg and can't remember his name and never thanks him. The band starts playing the Saturday Night Live outro song and while Heston looks away for a moment, Paul spits in his hand and when Heston turns around Paul gives him a big shake and a smile. Classic! Also picked up a live show from some other artist I like.

Found out some horrible news today. One of my favorite artists of all time, D'angelo, was arrested for drunk driving and marijuana and cocaine possesion. From what I read, it sounds like he won't come out with an album for a very long time. It's already been about 5 years since his last one. When I saw D'angelo at the Orpheum in 2000 during the Voodoo Tour, it was one of the greatest shows I've ever seen. At one point he jumped into the crowd. It was an all out soul review. Oh well.

I've been kind of down this week. Almost like a holiday hangover. Seems like nothing much goes on lately. We might need to change that.