10.13.2004

Vh1 Hip-Hop Honors...

Overall I thought the show was great except for a few things. Being the old school head that I am, I would have definitley picked a different host then Vivica A. Fox. Her "bling bling" comment at the begining made me turn my head in embarassment. They should have had Fab 5 Freddy host it. Also, why did they waste 5 minutes on that piece of garbage Fat Joe song "Lean Back". At least Nas had his father come out and play trumpet which was great. He also gave a nod to Prince and mpls. And the Beastie Boys had Mixmaster Mike mixing. Best part of the show had to be Public Enemy, Anthrax, and the Beastie Boys doing a medley of "Black Steel in the Hour of Chaos", "Fight The Power" and "Bring The Noise". Public Enemy had the band Confrontation Camp back them up when Anthrax didn't and it made it interesting. The dj tribute was also great with Doug E. Fresh doing all the party calls. Overall a great show. Where was Kool Keith????!!!??