9.25.2004

Cabooze...

What a night! A bunch of us went to see a band called Hookers & Blow at the Cabooze Friday night and it was one of the best times I've had in awhile. The band is made up of local musicians from bands including the Honeydogs. They did Stevie Wonder, Faces, Parliament, and a bunch of other great songs. The highlight of the night was when we were all on the dancefloor and they did a cover of "Soft and Wet" by Prince. As you probably know I had both fists in the air and ran to the front of the stage. I sang every lyric with the singer. After the song was done the lead singer pointed at me as they went into a Parliament song. Next thing I know he extends his hand down and pulls me up!!! So I am the only one on stage dancing with the band to a Parliament song! My roomates and Amber and Aprils jaws hit the floor! After a few minutes my friend Dan Miller somehow ends up on stage with a cowbell!!?? He is playing the cowbell straight out of the Will Ferrel sketch! It was surreal. Then they pulled a couple girls up on stage and we were all up there for about three songs. The opening band the Diplomats were funky too. They reminded me of the Meters.