7.28.2004

the next big thing..

Well got home from work this morning, cooked up some ramen noodles (creamy chicken of course) and turned on some Sportscenter. I got pumped because Inside the Huddle with John Clayton came on and since i'm excited for football season to start, I was glued to the hellavision. After showing a few players who got cut, signed, etc. They show a picture of Brock frigging Lesner standing on the wrestling ropes and they announce that the Vikings signed him to a developmental contract. God what a story this will be if he makes the team. I just got a kick out of the fact that for the other players they showed football highlights and for him they showed him suplexing and bodyslamming people.

Heard the new Nikka Costa single "I Don't Think We've Met" for free on her website www.nikkacosta.com and all I can say is DAMN! I remember the first time I heard "Like a Feather" and the new song gives me that same fonkey feeling inside. The song gives me the same vibe as most of my favorite Prince songs do. I think my favorite Prince songs are when he sounds messed up and you don't know what he's talking about like on "Strange But True", "Love or Money", and "Rave Un2 The Joy Fantastic". On Rave Un2, it almost sounds like Prince sang it when he had a cold or something. Nikka kinda sounds this way on this tune and it makes for a damn nice groove.

My Puerto Rican friend at my work told me how to say "Gay" in spanish.

And I leave you with this...

Over this time, I've learned that my life force has increased by knowing you. Every door that closes, another one opens, strange but true.